Who is Your Document and Information Management Partner?
Document Management Incorporated is part of a large global industry focused on providing organizations with document and information management solutions. DMI is a central Illinois based company, headquartered in Springfield. Our mission is to provide your organization with quality, comprehensive document management and secured storage outsourcing solutions. These solutions include: document scanning, image hosting/application services provider, secured fireproof vital document storage, climate controlled records storage, document destruction and consulting services. As your organization's document and information management partner, Document Management Incorporated offers your organization a complete start-to-finish outsourcing solution.
Imaging Solution vs. Paper-Based Document Management System
- Cost of filing cabinets and storage shelves on-site.
- Total annual cost per square foot of space needed to occupy this function.
- Cost of filing cabinets and storage shelves located off-site.
- Total annual cost of any off-site facility dedicated to this function.
- Cost of equipment and supplies needed to manage files and boxes (carts, folders, labels, etc.).
- Total cost of staff strictly dedicated to document management function.
- Cost of contractual or temporary staff dedicated to document management function.
- Cost of total average staff hours of all others that review, index and file documents.
- Cost of total average staff hours used searching, retrieving and returning documents.
- Cost of total average staff hours used retrieving and managing documents off-site.
- Cost of total average staff hours used searching for misfiled or misplaced documents.
- Cost of total average staff hours used retrieving, copying information from and re-filing documents.
After determining if an imaging solution better positions your organization for success, you will then need to evaluate an outsourcing solution from a valued partner versus the investment in an in-house management system. In addition to the real costs listed below, your organization should also determine if any elements of your paper-based system would still be required to support an in-house management system. Consider the following current and forecasted costs to determine your organization's return on investment:
Outsourcing Solution vs. In-House Management System
- Cost of document scanners and desktops, including maintenance, repair and support contracts.
- Cost of document management software needed to scan, index and manage images, including licensing fees.
- Cost of storage device(s) to store images, including maintenance, repair and support contracts.
- Cost of future hardware and software upgrades.
- Cost of physical space dedicated to scanning operations and image storage.
- Cost of off-site storage of data backups.
- Cost of third party contractor or consultant used to launch and/or support the internal system.
- Cost of possible network upgrades needed to support amount of generated and stored data.
- Total cost of staff strictly dedicated to reviewing, preparing, scanning, indexing, and proofing documents into system.
- Total cost of staff strictly dedicated to managing paper documents following the scanning process.
- Cost of total average staff hours used reviewing, preparing, scanning, indexing and proofing documents into system.
- Cost of total average staff hours used managing paper documents following the scanning process.
- Total cost of IT staff/knowledge necessary to design, create, enhance and support the in-house management system.
- Total cost to recruit and retain needed IT staff/knowledge.
- Total cost of training necessary to retain and build knowledge of imaging technology enhancements.
If you determined that an imaging solution from an outsourcing partner better positions your organization for success, then Document Management Incorporated can help you build a better bottom line. Through its comprehensive package of document and information management services, DMI can provide a simple outsourcing solution that is just right for your organization.